The Embedded Vision Alliance has announced the finalists for the 2018 Vision Tank, the Embedded Vision Summit’s annual start-up competition that showcases the best new ventures using computer vision in their products. Each finalist will pitch their company and product to judges in front of the Summit audience on May 23, 2018, with winners announced at the end of the session.
This year’s Vision Tank finalists are:
- AiFi is building a scalable version of “Amazon Go” to empower stores of the future to be check-out free. AiFi’s innovative AI-powered sensor networks also provide retailers with valuable insights about shopping behavior and product preference, as well as improved inventory management.
- Aquifi provides visual inspection services for logistics and manufacturing, based on the combination of 3D reconstruction and deep learning. The company’s solution, a trainable virtual inspection system, increases the throughput of human workers and reduces errors due to fatigue and repetition.
- Boulder AI has created a very intelligent camera that is waterproof, dust-proof and runs AI at the image source. This edge processing camera runs AI/machine learning and computer vision algorithms without the cloud, distilling visual information into actionable data.
- Sturfee technology is built on deep learning, computer vision and satellite imaging principles, enabling devices and machines to use visual data as input to precisely locate themselves in the real world, identify where they are looking and recognize what is around them.
- VirtuSense Technologies’ product identifies people who are at risk of falls and injuries. The core technology is based on machine vision, using a 3D time-of-flight sensor to track a person’s static and dynamic balance, identify sensory and muscular deficits and provide objective data to assess and treat issues.