Xilinx has announced it will debut a number of solutions at OFC 2017, thereby extending its lead of high speed data center interconnect (DCI) solutions offering. Targeting DCI applications, these solutions give systems OEMs maximum flexibility and enable migration to next-generation designs, allowing for scalable performance at the lowest risk while ensuring network security. With data center network traffic and bandwidth requirements ever increasing, data centers require solutions for metro and long-haul applications that meet rapidly changing high-speed networking and security requirements. Xilinx is addressing these issues with off-the-shelf solutions available today.
Xilinx will demontrate these solutions at OFC booth #1809, March 21–23, in Los Angeles, California (US)
400 GE multi-vendor network — This demo features the world's first standards-based 400 GE MAC and PCS IP in a Xilinx Virtex UltraScale+ VU9P FPGA. Showcasing the emerging 400 GE standard interoperability between multiple vendors, the demo illustrates the Xilinx 400 G solution connecting to a Finisar 400 GE CFP8 module, which in turn connects to a Spirent 400 G test module in the Ethernet Alliance booth.
FlexE for DCI transport — According to its maker, this is the world’s first complete FlexE 1.0 solution showcasing bonding, sub-rating and channelization on UltraScale+ FPGAs. This solution demonstrates how multiple clients can be transported using FlexE and highlights the ability of FlexE to carry larger data pipes and match them to transport links for optimal utilization of the link budget. This solution allows network operators to maximize optical performance and lower operating costs over existing infrastructure.
Automation and security functions for DCI solutions — This demonstration shows how LLDP packets can be snooped on transport line cards to allow a SDN controller to build a network topology for automation integral to data center networks. It also shows the use of IEEE compliant MACsec to encrypt and authenticate the link for security. As more and more critical applications and data migrate to the cloud, MACsec provides data encryption and authentication to preserve privacy. Such a solution is mandatory in front of a traditional DSP to provide a complete DCI solution.
Optical technology abstraction in DCI transport — With the emergence of differing optical technologies such as DSPs, PAM-4, coherent and extended reach LR, customers must abstract such technologies from a system and software perspective. This demo illustrates how Xilinx FPGAs provide the required abstraction from differing technology integration by multiple manufacturers and enables designers to choose or mix optical technologies on a single platform.
56G PAM4 transceiver performance — This demonstration showcases Xilinx's new 56G PAM-4 transceiver test chip in 16-nm FinFET delivering optimized performance for backplane and LR applications.
Xilinx interoperability demonstrations
Together with its ecosystem, Xilinx enables robust solutions to enable accelerated time to production and rapid customer deployment.
The following interoperability demonstrations will be on display at OFC:
- 400 GE multi-vendor network (Ethernet Alliance booth #3709)
- Showcasing interoperability between multiple vendors, the demo illustrates the Xilinx 400 G solution connecting to a Finisar 400 GE CFP8 module which in turn connects to an Ixia test set in the Finisar booth.
- 10 GE aggregation with FlexE for DCI transport (OIF booth #3853)
- Demonstration of an OIF FlexE implementation carrying multiple clients. Xilinx 20 nm Virtex UltraScale FPGAs are used to implement the world's first OIF FlexE solution of a channelized FlexE group.
- 56Gb/s PAM-4 transceiver interoperability (OIF booth #3853)
- Xilinx PAM-4 transceiver interoperating with 3rd party PAM-4 transceivers over industry standard LR backplanes, QSFP28 connectors and copper cables.
Xilinx presentations at OFC
- 400 GE from Hype to Reality
- Wednesday 22 March at 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm, Expo Theater III, Exhibit Hall A
- 400 G P4 Programmable Packet Processing for NFV/SDN
- Wednesday 22 March at 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Expo Theater III, Exhibit Hall A
- Xilinx technology-enabled demonstrations throughout the OFC show floor:
- Dini Group – Booth #2861
- EXFO – Booth #2725
- IP Light – Booth #3826
- MoSys – Booth #3732
- Finisar – Booth #2403
- Precise-ITC – Booth #4141
- TransPacket AS – Booth #1425
- Xelic – Booth #2774
- Viavi – Booth #2303
For more information about Xilinx at OFC 2017, visit www.xilinx.com/about/events/ofc17.