Ross Optical Industries will exhibit its expanded line of plano-concave micro lenses at the Photonics West conference in San Francisco, California (US). The new line boasts catalog and custom micro optics down to 1.0 mm in diameter.
The growing use of compact, portable and disposable optical devices challenges suppliers to maintain quality and performance while cutting size, weight and cost. Micro optic components from Ross Optical allow shorter focal lengths in compact medical devices, hand-held communication devices, optical fiber transmission systems, instruments and sensors for mechanical and automotive systems, and sensing systems for visualization and gaming devices.
Ross Optical offers a range of other micro optic lenses at diameters below 5 mm:
- Bi-convex and plano-convex lenses, designed for forming and shaping light beams
- Achromat lenses, precision-fabricated to reduce chromatic aberration
- Ball lenses, used in many types of coupling devices
- Prisms, shaped to redirect and repurpose light energy
- Aspheres, shaped to condition light with reduced spacing and parts count
Ross Optical provides a variety of coatings that drastically reduce reflection and improve light transmission over the full 200-2200 nm range. Coating is a common challenge in micro optics; however, Ross Optical is able to coat lenses to the edge.
To learn more visit booth #231 at Photonics West.