Critical Link, LLC, a leader in embedded solutions, and Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, are pleased to announce availability of Evaluation Kits for two of Canon’s latest CMOS image sensors: the 120MXS, a 120MP CMOS sensor; and the 3U5MGXSBA, a 5MP global shutter sensor.
As previously announced, the companies have been collaborating on development of Sensor Evaluation Kits for Canon CMOS sensors. The kits allow developers to test sensor features and performance to ensure a fit with their application. System designers gain access to assets that accelerate development time, including complete sensor board design files. For applications that require on-board image processing, the Evaluation Kits feature an open architecture design, with the option to embed processing and software with the on-board CPU and FPGA fabric.
- Evaluation Kits consist of a camera with a pre-installed Canon CMOS sensor, and include:
- Accessory package for out-of-the-box operation (quick start guide, power supply, compact tripod, cables)
- Embedded software to setup the sensor, acquire image data and communicate over USB 3.1 interface with any USB 3 compliant UI
- PC-based UI application available for download to communicate with the camera
- Sensor board design files and source code*
- VHDL code for the FPGA*