The General Assembly of the European Machine Vision Association (EMVA), due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions taking place in an online format June 1st, 2021, has elected the new EMVA Board of Directors. For the upcoming three-year term, the new board consists of nine members, namely
- Arnaud Destruels, Sony Europe B.V (Image Sensing Solutions)
- Arndt Bake, Basler
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Jähne, Heidelberg Collaboratory for Image Processing of Heidelberg University
- Dr. Chris Yates, Vision Ventures
- Dr. Christoph Garbe, HD Vision Systems
- Dr. Dirk Berndt, Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation IFF
- Dr. Kai-Udo Modrich, ZEISS Inline Inspection & Metrology
- Marco Diani, iMAGE S
- Dr. Ronald Mueller, Vision Markets
The new elected Board of Directors will have its constituent in-person meeting as soon as possible and by then vote on the roles of EMVA President; Vice President and Treasurer amongst its members.
In a series of emotional farewell video statements many leaders of machine vision players gave their tribute to Gabriele Jansen who chose not to candidate for another term. Gabriele Jansen has been founding member of the EMVA and Board member since the association was established in 2003, making her the longest serving EMVA Board member in the association’s history. From 2003 - 2009 Gabriele Jansen served as EMVA President.
Also stepping down from the EMVA Board are Jochem Herrmann who acted as EMVA President from 2015 – 2019; Jean Caron who was EMVA Board member and Treasurer from 2015 – 2021; and Michel Ollivier who was EMVA Vice President from 2015 – 2021.