Photonics21 has established a dedicated Innovation Challenge to push for more entrepreneurship in photonics. The Photonics21 Innovation Award addresses PhD students, master students, young entrepreneurs, and makers alike who have an idea for a photonics product that can transform into a real business or product.
The idea can be already described in a Master or PhD thesis or in a business plan or the like. Any person active in the field of optics and photonics, may apply for the "Photonics21 Innovation Award".
Applicants should carefully read the rules for the Photonics21 Innovation award; You can download the contest announcement here.
Conditions for eligibility are:
- You have a product idea
- Or you have a product to be developed further
- The idea/product has potential for application in industry
- The idea/product is innovative
- The idea/product is presented in English
- Submissions may be entered by individuals or teams
Applicants must submit the following material which serve as the criteria by which the work will be judged:
- Make a short video (less than 2 min) that demonstrates the uniqueness of your idea and the added value it will have for integrators or end-users. Be creative and keep your message clear. Do not hesitate to use visuals or simulation to present your idea, prototype or product.
- Upload the video in the application form below.
Send in a description of your idea/product not exceeding 4 A4 sides (12point font) making clear the
• Nature of innovation
• Potential impact to industry
• Next steps to market
- Fill the application form below
Further details of the rules and conditions are given here. Please send your application to the Photonics21 Secretariat by the closing date of 15th February 2023 @23:59 GMT.