Security & Defence takes place September 9 to 12 in Strasbourg, France.
The Organising Committee of the 16th SPIE Security+Defence invites you to attend this exciting meeting: this event crosses the divide between fundamental optical science and the application of the underpinning technologies in advanced defence and security systems.
This symposium will be co-located with the 26th SPIE Remote Sensing symposium, which enhances opportunities to identify new partners for collaboration from related fields of activity. Take the opportunity to learn about the latest scientific results in both topics “ Defence & Security” and “Remote sensing”.
This unique symposium will offer many opportunities to network with colleagues from a variety of disciplines in academia, industry, and government from all over the world, whilst still maintaining a distinctly European focus. SPIE Security+Defence will consider all aspects of this evolving field of optronics and photonics:
- Optical devices
- Enabling technologies
- Advanced concepts
- Sensors (including their design, fabrication and exploitation)
- Micro- and Nanosystems in Security and Defence
- Bio-inspiration and bio-mimetics
- Signal processing and control
- Laser technologies and their application (including high-power devices and applications)
- Electro-optic systems and concepts
- Modelling and simulation
- Quantum information science and technology
- Emerging security and defence requirements
- Target and background signatures
- Human observer performance
- Autonomy in sensing
- Cyber defence
- Big Data in Security and Defence
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Security and Defence
New challenges continue to emerge: while artificial intelligence has seen many papers in the past at this symposium, for 2019 we launch a new conference: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Defence Applications. For this conference we will arrange for joint sessions with the other conferences dealing with applications of artificial intelligence.
Other relevant topics are also welcome to ensure a vibrant meeting. Engineers and researchers from government, military, academia and the commercial sector will discuss current status and future directions of a wide range of R&D projects. Participation from academic institutes is especially encouraged; graduate and undergraduate student researchers are invited to submit their work and interact with international leaders. All papers presented at this event will appear in the SPIE Digital Library.
We look forward to seeing you at Security+Defence 2019 where opportunities abound for combining cutting-edge science and technology with the beauty of the city of Strasbourg.